Students who complete the 141 program through CFI level and earn a recommendation from their AeroStar instructors are guaranteed an interview with Breeze Airlines.
We’re thrilled to partner with Breeze Airways! Team members have great things to say about working for a “Seriously Nice” airline!
From the Breeze Airways Website –
Welcome to Breeze Airways™, home of Seriously Nice™ flights and fares.
We’re a team of aviation, hospitality and technology enthusiasts who believe flying is the greatest privilege and opportunity in the world. And we believe it should be an accessible and genuinely nice experience for everyone.
Together, we created Breeze Airways™ – a new airline merging technology with kindness. Breeze provides nonstop service between underserved routes across the U.S. at affordable fares. With seamless booking, no change or cancellation fees and customized flight features delivered via a sleek and simple app, Breeze makes it easy to buy and easy to fly.
About Breeze Leadership
David Neeleman, Breeze founder and CEO, is a serial airline entrepreneur. He’s the only person we can think of who has launched four successful airline start-ups (Azul, JetBlue, Westjet and Morris Air) and who, with Breeze, is now on his fifth.
Joining David is a team of aviation and hospitality experts, including:
- Tom Anderson, Chief Operating Officer, who is leading Breeze’s operations, having worked previously at Azul, Virgin America, JetBlue, Airbus and Boeing.
- Lukas Johnson, Chief Commercial Officer, who is overseeing marketing and route strategy, coming to Breeze from Allegiant.
- Trent Porter, Chief Financial Officer, who is looking after all things financial, coming to us from Allegiant and US Airways.
- John Varley, Chief People Officer and General Counsel, looking after legal and human resources, previously with Virgin America, Delta and ExpressJet.
- Amy Curtis-McIntyre, brand management and marketing advisor, formerly at JetBlue, Airbnb, Hyatt and Virgin Atlantic.